Write an argumentative essay of four full typed pages (double spaced) that answers an ethical question pertaining to one of these topics:
- Does the government have a right to collect whatever information it wants, to use however it sees fit?
- To what extent does the government have a right to collect information about its citizens?
- What rights and responsibilities do Food companies have when it comes to labeling?
- What responsibilities does Facebook have in monitoring their web pages? Address safety and security concerns.
- Formulate your own thesis statement and topic: alternative option.
As always, the answer to the question–your thesis–should be defended…
Evaluation criteria follow:
Ethical Choices: Student thoroughly discusses at least two sides of an ethical choice to be made.
· Decision Making: Student states a position on the issue based on at least three points and offers an opposing view and counterargument supported with database sources.
· Consequences: Student identifies consequences and demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the scope, complexity, and/or magnitude of the consequences.
· Evidence: Student includes a Works Cited page that lists at least three database sources. The body of the essay includes a total of at four citations from sources.
The essay should demonstrate the following ENGL 1301 outcomes:
- College level spelling and punctuation skills
- MLA format for margins, header, personal information, paragraph indention, double spacing
- In-text citations
- Works Cited page
- Clearly stated thesis statement
- Topic sentences that flows from thesis statement
- Sentence variety
- No egregious grammar mistakes