This assignment provides you with an opportunity to select an alert system, research it, and evaluate its quality and usability from an ergonomics perspective. First, identify an alert system. It can be an everyday system, or it can be one used at your workplace. Second, research the details of the alert system by using at least one resource in the *** Online Library. You can include credible resources from the Internet, but be sure to include at least one from the *** Online Library. Third, after effectively collecting all of the information about the system, evaluate its quality and usability from an ergonomics perspective. Prepare a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation with your results, and the presentation should include each of the following:
- Briefly describe the alert system and the setting.
- Briefly explain the purpose of the system.
- Briefly explain what triggers the alarm.
- Briefly explain how the employee should respond once the alarm triggers.
- Briefly explain how human variability impacts the design of displays and controls.
- Provide your analysis of quality.
- Provide your analysis of usability.