Due to your organization’s tremendous growth, the director of your IT team has chosen to reorganize the department for including specialized positions in the area of digital forensics. You have been asked to create a description of key characteristics in which the incumbent for each of two specializations must show proficiency so that your director can assign positions to the appropriate personnel.
Research and select at least two news articles on each of the two specific topics related to digital forensics, with the exception of promotion announcements. Compare the two, explaining the differences and identifying any similarities between them.
To complete this assignment:
- In your web browser, go to https://news.google.com/.
- Search one of the following five terms: “digital forensics,” “computer forensics,” “database forensics,” “mobile device forensics,” or “network forensics.”
- Select two specific articles, each covering a different topic, from the list of results of your search.
- Write a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document in which you:
- Explain how each article relates to digital forensics.
- Summarize key areas of knowledge of the first concentration.
- Summarize key areas of knowledge of the second concentration.
- Compare the two concentrations according to the key areas of knowledge.