Write 200–300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In this class, you will develop a research proposal based on a business, organizational problem, or topic that you want to explore. If you need help in finding a problem to explore, check the Successful Business Research textbook, chapter 6 (see link below), for more on asking the right questions. Also, the following Web sites can assist in finding an organizational issue:
Part 1: Types of Research
Discuss the following:
- Explain the differences between academic and business research approaches.
- proach you as a researcher would choose (quantitative, qualitative, or business) for your particular research question/problem.
Part 2: Selecting a Research Topic
- Using the worksheets in chapter 6 (pp. 37–41) and the Web sites, examine how you would determine what area you will focus on for your research project and what questions you might be asking.
- Select your research topic.
- Locate 1 article that reports the findings of a quantitative study on or related to your topic (you will need to cite in your response). These articles will start to build your literature review and the rationale for your research project. For example, if you want to investigate starting an online business to sell your homemade product, you may have to use the bigger topic of selling online or starting a business for your quantitative and qualitative articles.
- Provide citations and references for your articles in accordance with APA guidelines, as needed and appropriate.
This entry was posted in Academic Writing, Social Science and tagged Explain the differences between academic and business research approaches. proach you as a researcher would choose (quantitative, or business) for your particular research question/problem., qualitative.