· Explain the evolving contest between the Native Americans, the French, and the British for supremacy and survival in North America.
· Describe life in 18th century American rural villages, on the frontier, in cities, and on plantations.
· Explain the relationship between social diversity and political division and instability in 18th century America.
· Explain the impact of the Enlightenment and the Great Awakening in America.
· Describe colonial views England and English views of the colonies in the middle of the 18th century.