Based on your investigation so far you now suspect there may be additional areas of fraud taking place in this company. You are looking at fraud in the areas of tax fraud, identity theft, and money laundering. You decide to do some research on recent court cases involving these 3 types of fraud by selecting similar court cases from the KU library (WestLaw database) and looking at the criteria below.
Based on your readings, peer reviewed literature, and the Fraud Examiners Manual include the following in your discussion:
- Identify the legal ramifications related to fraud in each case you found. What do they have in common and how do you think these cases would be related to your previous research on inventory or travel expense fraud?
- Identify the laws that preserve the rights of individuals suspected of committing these frauds in the cases you found, the laws that govern civil and criminal prosecutions, admittance of evidence, and the testimony of expert witnesses in each case
- Compare and contrast the laws that governs civil and criminal prosecutions of fraud suspects in each case
- Identify fraudulent documents that may have been used in each case and analyze issues related to the admittance of this evidence and if the testimony of expert witnesses was or could have been used in each case
- Include any exhibits in the paper