1. This chapter’s opening scenario illustrates a specific type of incident/disaster. Using a Web browser, search for information related to preparing an organization against terrorist attacks. Look up information on (a) anthrax or another biological attack (like smallpox), (b) sarin or another toxic gas, (c) low-level radiological contamination attacks.
2. Using a Web browser, search for available commercial applications that use various forms of RAID technologies, such as RAID 0 through RAID 5. What is the most common implementation? What is the most expensive?
1. Using a Web browser, identify at least five sources you would want to use when training a CSIRT.
2. Using a Web browser, visit http://www.mitre.org. What information is provided there, and how would it be useful?
3. Using a Web browser, visit http://www.securityfocus.com. What is Bugtraq, and how would it be useful? What additional information is provided under the Vulnerabilities tab?