Is the claim made in the ETs-on-Earth passage reasonable and possibly true? 2 pages
Sources: Your primary source is How to Think About Weird Things. You need only one credible secondary source, find your secondary source on the Internet.
Thesis statement: your answer to the research question.
SEARCH the following passage, from page 92 of How to Think About Weird Things:
The evidence that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth and currently operating in our skies on a regular uninterrupted basis is extensive beyond a shadow of a doubt both in scope and detail. In its totality it comprises a body of evidence so profound that it has numbed the human experience of all government and religious leaders around the world into an absolute de facto policy of denial. This would also include most if not all members of the mainstream scientific community who fear the social stigma associated with the subject. (From a UFO/alien visitation Website.)
the claim the assignment asked you to SEARCH ^^^^^^above
1. Spot logical fallacies in this claim (logical fallacies: Non Sequitur; Slippery slope; Ad hominem; Emotional appeal; false dichotomy / false dilemma; Post Hoc, ergo propter hoc; Hasty generalizations; )
2. diagram the logical argument used in this claim
3. What guiding principles are you able to use when looking at the claim?
4. What kind of evidence is present in the claim?
5. How do beliefs affect the claim?