Discussion: Exploring factors and Factoring Trinomials
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- OpenStax Textbook Readings
- Lesson in Canvas
- Assignments in Knewton
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Product Properties of Exponents
- Multiplying Polynomials
- Special Products of Binomials
- Quotient Properties of Exponents and Dividing Monomials
- Dividing Polynomials
- The Greatest Common Factor and Factoring by Grouping
Initial Post Instructions
We start the week by introducing polynomials. We will learn how to identify and simplify polynomials. We will also learn how to find the greatest common factor (GCF) among them. As our knowledge of polynomials grows, we will then move on to factoring trinomials. For your first post, search online for an article or video that describes how polynomials can be used in the real world. Provide a one paragraph summary of the article or video in your own words.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers in a substantive, content-specific way. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.