Latest Event Updates
In this Assignment, you will read a case study and do some research before responding to some questions concerning competitive advantage in a business memo format.
A business memo is a document commonly used in the workplace to convey information to company employees. In that sense, it is an internal document, which means that, generally, the audience is internal to the company; it is not a form used for outside customers or clients. The purpose of a memo, usually, is to inform employees of policies or other company-related matters, such as a change in personnel within departments, change in a process or procedure, or an upcoming company meeting.
Assignment: Read the Disney® case study: “The Happiest Brand on Earth”
In this Assignment, you will engage in the development of the following professional competencies:
- Obtain and Process Information
- Written Communication
These competencies also are critical to your success in most jobs. By knowing how to obtain and process information, you do not have to know everything, but you need to know where to find the most reliable information and then be able to process it — analyze and summarize the pertinent information for the task at hand, and then be able to communicate it in writing. These competencies are critical to your educational and professional success. In this Assignment, you will have the opportunity to practice obtaining vital marketing information and then summarizing it.
In this Assignment you will be doing some research on the Disney Company as the new marketing associate.
Review the grading rubric below to see the full instructions and grading rubric for this Assignment.
1250-word Research Essay: Students will write a comparative research essay on the plays Othello and Hedda Gabler. The following topics can be considered (or combined) for inclusion:
The deceptive and controlling qualities of Iago and Hedda
The gullibility of Roderigo and Tesman
The weakness and character flaws of Cassio and Lovborg
The meek naïveté of Desdemona and Mrs. Elvsted
The role of suicide of Othello and Hedda
Students must make reference to both plays equally in their essay and must also cite AT LEAST TWO CRITICAL SECONDARY SOURCES (found through the library’s online resources using EBSCOHOST, JSTOR, or another reputable critical database. The following are UNACCEPTABLE: SparkNotes, Schmoop, WikiPedia, 123helpme.com, or any other type of plot summary or “essay for purchase.” Remember as well that the two plays are primary sources. While you are expected to cite lines from the plays, they do not count toward your secondary source requirement. Appropriate MLA style of documentation is required, including in-text citations and a works cited page. Do NOT use APA style to document your paper.
Research and locate an article or video highlighting a current event that depicts corruption within a policing agency, court system, or correctional facility. Be sure to include a link to the article or video in your post.
Identify if the actions were the result of nonfeasance, misfeasance, or malfeasance, and relate this corruption back to the decision-making process. What decisions resulted (either intentionally or unintentionally) in the corrupt actions depicted in the story? Provide evidence to support your assessment.
Then, respond to two or more of your peers. In your responses, consider the news story they addressed. What evidence is there that leaders discouraged or encouraged the corrupt behaviors? If the story does not address leadership, theorize what leaders may have done to encourage or discourage the corruption.
In a meeting with executive management and purchasing, the chief technical officer (CTO) would like you and your team to come up with a network analysis tool for assessing a network vulnerabilities approach and functionality identification to be submitted for purchase. Once these tools are identified for purchase, the forensics company can expand from single computer system investigations to investigations requiring network acquisition, monitoring, and reporting tools. Provide a network analysis tool recommendation to the CTO that includes the following:
- Introduction to the contents of the recommendation
- A description of the meaning of the distributed network attack (DNA) approach to recover password-protected files across the network and an explanation of why this DNA tool is one of the most critical elements in network forensics analysis
- A description of the meaning of the network security audit and how it is used by the investigator or administrator to point out all the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of the network devices and servers
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Produce the Assignment submission in a single Microsoft Word or Open Office document. Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. Open Kellog’s 2010 Annual Report. Find the balance sheet and calculate the following: How much did cash increase from 2009 to 2010?
a. Set up an expanded accounting equation spreadsheet using the following accounts:
Expenses (notate type)
b. Analyze and record each transaction in the expanded accounting equation.
c. Prepare the financial statements ending July 31 for Sanchez Computer Center.
2. On July 1, 201X, Tony Freedman decided to begin his own computer service business. He named the business the Sanchez Computer Center. During the first month Tony conducted the following business transactions. Record them into the basic accounting equation.
a. Invested $4,500 of his savings into the business.
b. Paid $1,200 (check #8095) for the computer from Multi Systems, Inc.
c. Paid $600 (check #8096) for office equipment from Office Furniture, Inc.
d. Set up a new account with Office Depot and purchased $250 in office supplies on credit.
e. Paid July rent, $400 (check #8097).
f. Repaired a system for a customer and collected $250.
g. Collected $200 for system upgrade labor charge from a customer.
h. Electric bill due but unpaid, $85.
i. Collected $1,200 for services performed on Taylor Golf computers.
j. Withdrew $100 (check #8098) to take his wife, Carol, out in celebration of opening the new business.
3. Mike Ackerman decided to open Mike’s Nail Spa. Mike completed the following transactions. Record them into the basic accounting equation.
a. Invested $24,000 cash from his personal bank account into the business.
b. Bought store equipment for cash, $3,700.
c. Bought additional store equipment on account, $6,100.
d. Paid $900 cash to partially reduce what was owed from transaction c.
4. From the following account balances, prepare in proper form for September (a) an income statement, (b) a statement of owner’s equity, and (c) a balance sheet for Frechette Realty.
Cash $7,050 S. Frechette, Withdrawals $800
Accounts Receivable 1,060 Professional Fees 4,000
Office Equipment 6,700 Salaries Expense 400
Accounts Payable 2,000 Utilities Expense 360
S. Frechette, Capital, September 1, 201X 10,770 Rent Expense 400