Latest Event Updates
Review the following case study.
When the FASB issues new standards, the implementation date is often 12 months from date of issuance, and early implementation is encouraged. Becky Hoger, controller, discusses with her financial vice president the need for early implementation of a standard that would result in a fairer presentation of the company’s financial condition and earnings.
When the financial vice president determines that early implementation of the standard will adversely affect the reported net income for the year, he discourages Hoger from implementing the standard until it is required.
Write a response of 750 to 1,050 words in which you answer the following requirements:
- Determine an ethical issue that is involved in this case if any.
- Identify if the financial vice president acting improperly or immorally.
- Explain what Hoger have to gain by advocacy of early implementation.
- Identify who might be affected by the decision against early implementation
This unit discusses Newton’s three laws of motion and how an object and an applied force react when they come together. Using the picture below discuss how Newton’s law of motion would apply? Explain the growth of the flames in magnitude from the chair and began to roll across the ceiling as molecules changed in momentum. Does Newton’s law of motion even apply to the momentum of combustion? The momentum of smoke? Why, or why not?
calculate the expected value for the profit associated with the two expansion alternative. what is the decision to be made to generate profit. calculate the variation of profit associated with the two expansion alternatives. Which decision is preferred for the objective of minimizing the risk or uncertainty?
Write a 700- to 1,000-word paper identifying the specific cost accounting system an organization utilizes and how it uses the accounting information for financial management. Your paper must include the following:
- Descriptions of the cost accounting system used in the organization
- Pros and cons of this cost accounting system
- Descriptions of how the organization uses the accounting information for financial management improvement recommendations for your organization’s accounting system
- Include at least five references
- At least two of the five references must be (peer-reviewed) references
A peer-reviewed reference is any source that has gone through some kind of peer-review, which means that it has been checked out by other professionals in the field to confirm its quality.
Peer -reviewed sources include:
* Articles in academic journals
* Textbooks from reputable publishers
* Some websites from reliable sources (e.g. government departments, universities, etc).
Select one terrorist attack from the following list and address the elements listed below that are specific to your chosen attack:
- 1983 attack on the Marine barracks in Lebanon
- 1993 attack on the World Trade Center
- 1996 Bombing of Khobar Towers
- 1998 attack on U. S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya
- 2000 attack on the USS Cole
- 2009 attack on U. S. Army Post, Ft. Hood
The essay should include the following elements:
- Describe describe the attack (where, when, what was used to conduct the attack, casualties, injuries, structural damage, etc.)
- Explain why your chosen attack classifies as a terrorist attack
- Identify the group responsible for this attack and analyzes their motives behind the attack, detailing what the group hoped to achieve
- Analyze the United States’ response to this attack (If there was no response provide suggestions for appropriate responses)
The paper must be five pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least three scholarly resources other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course
Each student should assume that they are a consultant working for an American firm responsible for providing training to expatriates on international assignments. Each student should prepare a training package that would be used to provide expatriates with a foundation for living and working in the country. Students should draw on available online library research (and include proper citation and references) and may also supplement with interviews with managers who have lived or worked in this country.
The report should include:
- A cultural analysis: The cultural roots of a country are reflected in the arts, literature, and mass media of that society. Select one form of art, literature, or mass media to understand the culture of that country. Describe specific examples of this aspect of the culture, then identify the underlying beliefs and values reflected in these examples. Discuss the similarities and differences between American culture and the culture of the country you choose. Do not focus only on history or geography, but also on cultural beliefs, values, and norms.
- A description of the current practices that American firms use to train professionals for assignments in your country of choice. You can use online library research, supplemented with interviews.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 ended discrimination against minorities but do you think the Black Lives Matter Movement is the new Civil Rights Movement?