Latest Event Updates
A. Is it right for a nation to go to war and why. Your case analysis paper will be evaluated based on the characteristics of strong critical thinking discussed in the Paul & Elder mini-guide . Be sure to clearly state your position and argue well for it without relying on unsupported assumptions.
B. “A growing number of people today believe that war is always wrong, that no circumstances ever justify one nation’s taking up arms against another. Is the view ethically sound? In answering, be sure, to comment on the questions of a country’s defending itself against aggression and of a strong country’s coming to the aid of a weak country that has been attacked unjustly.”
WRITE A 2 PAGE PAPER, THIRD PAGE SHOULD BE THE REFERENCE PAGE.
NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE.
Watch the movie “Apocalypse Now” and write Apocalypse Now Redux
- Research and contextualize the film in terms of its historical significance in cinema, and describe the conditions (aesthetic, economic, etc.) that led to a different version of the film.
- Briefly discuss the director and cinematographer’s previous work and how it compares to their work on Apocalypse Now.
- Discuss the plot points. What is the dramatic premise? What is our main character’s dramatic need?
- Compare and contrast the two versions of the film.
- Discuss which version you consider to be more “artistic” and why.
Papers should be at least four pages, 12 point font. Make sure to cite your sources using MLA or Chicago-style format. Three source minimum.
The California Supreme Court ruled that an employer will be liable for injuries sustained by individuals due to the negligent driving of one of its employees, stating the following:
A person injured by someone driving a car in the course of employment may sue not only the driver but that driver’s employer. The employer can be sued on two legal theories based on tort principles: respondeat superior and negligent entrustment.
Respondeat superior, a form of vicarious liability, makes an employer liable, irrespective of fault, for negligent driving by its employee in the scope of employment. The theory of negligent entrustment makes an employer liable for its own negligence in choosing an employee to drive a vehicle.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper, written in the third-person voice, that addresses the following:
- Explore types of principal-agency relationships and determine what type of relationship exists in this case between the driver, Jose Carcamo, and the company, Sugar Transport of the Northwest, LLC.
- What course of action do you recommend with respect to the lawsuit and Carcamo’s employment?
- Does Sugar Transport’s Human Resources department have any responsibility for their role in hiring Carcamo? If so, what other employment law issues do you find legally problematic concerning the hiring of Carcamo? Identify them and explain the legal issues and laws that were violated.
Include justification for your responses by citing applicable laws and/or legal cases in your discussion.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines, and include headings that appropriately signal topics and keep your document organized.
Use a minimum of three different sources within the paper in addition to the laws and legal cases required above, and provide in-text citations. Any laws and legal cases used in the body of your paper must also be included in the References page.
Keep a human–computer interface (HCI) journal with your weekly observations of HCI issues that pertain to you, your work, your family, and your friends. Be sure to document your journal in chronological order.
Some examples of items you might wish to document could include any type of computer system that you directly or indirectly interact with, such as the following:
- Self-serve checkouts
- Automated soap dispensers
Your journal should meet the following requirements:
- Title page
- Four or more journal entries that include the following:
- Title of entry
- Description and thoughts on the interaction
- A summary of 2–3 pages that discusses the following:
- Your overall experiences
- Items you think could be improved
- Things you would like to see more automated
- How the systems could be improved
- At least 3 references in an APA-formatted reference page. These references should be cited in your summary, and your book may be used as one of your references.
The Heart of Darkness is one of the great literary criticisms of Imperialism in Africa. Marlow, the main character, is originally fascinated by the possibilities that exploring Africa has to offer a young man seeking his fortune and a name for himself, but he later becomes disillusioned with the process. Discuss why Marlow originally had faith in Imperialism, but then came to regret his participation in it.
- Your response should be at least 750 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
Three common types of plagiarism you need to be aware of as a student:
- Recycling a paper; “double-dipping”; self-plagiarism: Reusing a paper you have written for a previous course
- Copying directly from a source without proper quotations or paraphrasing: When you try to pass something off as your own work
- Not using proper citations
In 1908, playwright Israel Zangwill referred to America as a melting pot. Zangwill’s concept of the United States as a country where people of all cultures and nations are free to come and contribute to a common American culture remains a popular concept—even more than a century after its introduction.
More recently, the concept of the American mosaic asserts that American society consist not of melting pot in which people and cultures mix together to form a larger American culture, but as a mosaic in which ethnic groups come to the United States and coexist with other groups but maintain significant cultural and social distinctions among themselves. Post a discussion that explores these themes by demonstrating how various cultures and ethnicities have contributed to modern American history and culture.
Use the following outline to format your response:
- Select 1 ethnic group.
- Explain a specific contribution that this group made to American society or culture.
- Evaluate the concepts of the melting pot and the American mosaic.
- Which concept more accurately reflects the experiences of the ethnic group you chose? Support your assertion.