This week you will take a digital field trip to view the Ancient Greece Architecture Gallery at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Located in New York, the Met offers one of the United States’ most diverse and largest collections of art in the world. Your visit to the digital archive will help you develop your understanding of ancient Greek architectural forms, and provide key details about the contexts that these forms emerged from.
For this assignment you will need to go to the field trip by Visit the Met Archive at: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grarc/hd_grarc.htm (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Produce a 500-700 word reflection assignment (see description below)
For your reflection assignment for this week, please select one primary example from the archive and address the following in a two-page reflection assignment:
- Describe the example you have selected and provide the image in the essay and a link to the image in the reference page.
- Explain the origins and context of the example.
- Include examples from the textbook this week that help develop your analysis of the work and its context.
THE TROBRAIANDERS OF PAUPUA NEW GUINEA BY ANNETTE B. WEINER? If Yes
Question: Explain in detail Economics in that culture. Writing in your own understanding and words.
1. Consider the three top bands of British blues-based rock in the early 70’s, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. What distinguishes them from each other? Are there any similarities? Which is the most influential in your estimation?
2. “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zeppelin is based on a riff. What is the song form and how does this dissection help analyze how the song is performed? What role does the vocal play in contrast to the instrumentation?
3. Yes incorporate numerous aspects of the hippie aesthetic. Using “Roundabout”, list facets of the criteria found that exemplify this. Elaborate on these.
4. Carole King has a long history in songwriting. How does “You’ve Got a Friend” fit with her prior works? What role does the instrumentation play in interpreting this song? How does a personal work touch so many people?
5. The term “Southern rock” initially did not represent a positive moniker for the groups associated with it. How did these groups flip it into a mass-marketing scheme? How does their version of blues-based rock differ from their British counterparts?
Compare the various motivations for establishing the colonies. How well did the colonies achieve their original purpose or have to adapt to unexpected situations in the New World? Give specific examples from a few of the different colonies.
- For example, what motivated colonists to settle in Jamestown, Plymouth, Rhode Island or Philadelphia?
- How did the colonies interact differently with the American Indians?
- What impact did settlement patterns have on colonial growth and cohesion?
- Do you see any connection between the settlement patterns and later when the colonies rebelled against Britain?
2. Module 2: Critical Thinking
Using Indentured Servants for Labor (paper)
Labor in colonial America was scarce. Write a paper explaining the development of using indentured servants for labor in the colonies. Below are some of the items you may include:
- Indentured servants, beginning and decline of this labor type
- Changes, problems, and issues with indentured servant labor
- Unintended consequences of using indentured servants.
Analyze how gender roles evolved in California during the time period covered by this assignment. In your answer, consider addressing the social, political, and economic impact of this interaction.