The U.S. criminal justice system deals with the conflict of protecting the rights of defendants and citizens. For example, Ernesto Miranda, a confessed rapist, robber, and kidnapper, was released by the Arizona criminal justice system because members of the system failed to notify Miranda of his constitutional rights (Miranda v. Arizona, 1966). By a five-to-four decision, the Supreme Court of the United States made a decision in favor of the defendant’s rights against the rights of citizens to be protected from such criminals.
Do you agree with a defendant’s case being completely dismissed if he or she is not provided Miranda rights? Why, or why not?
REPLY TO MY CLASSMATE RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU AGREE? (A MINIMUM OF 75 WORDS or MORE)
Yes, I agree that defendant’s case should be completely dismissed if Miranda rights are violated. There are so many wrongfully convicted people in prison now as a result of coerced confessions. This often happens when detectives are desperate for a confession. Police interrogations should stop once a defendant ask for an attorney and invoke the right to remain silent. I believe a defendant should be acquitted on all charges once their Constitutional rights are violated egregiously.
Prepare a 10-minute presentation (12-15 slides, not including title or reference slide) on organizational culture and values.
1. Describe how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
2. Discuss how an individual can use effective communication techniques to overcome workplace challenges, encourage collaboration across groups, and promote effective problem solving. Incorporate how system needs and the culture of health may influence the outcomes. How does this relate to health promotion and disease prevention in the larger picture?
3. Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and with a minimum of 3 in-text citations and references must be no more than 5-7 years old and should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each number item. There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Identify the current role of the informatics nurse and predict the future role of the informatics nurse, based on scholarly sources.
- Explain what is meant by connected health. Provide three examples of connected health in today’s healthcare environment. Explain the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- In what ways has informatics impacted public health – please provide at least three examples.
Length: 500 words per essay prompt/section (1500 total for this assignment)
Identify a quality improvement opportunity in your organization or practice. In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, describe the problem or issue and propose a quality improvement initiative based on evidence-based practice. Apply “The Road to Evidence-Based Practice” process, illustrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook, to create your proposal.
Include the following:
- Provide an overview the problem and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs.
- Explain why a quality improvement initiative is needed in this area and the expected outcome.
- Discuss how the results of previous research demonstrate support for the quality improvement initiative and its projected outcomes. Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years, not included in the course materials or textbook, that establish evidence in support of the quality improvement proposed.
- Discuss steps necessary to implement the quality improvement initiative. Provide evidence and rationale to support your answer.
- Explain how the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated to determine whether there was improvement.
- Support your explanation by identifying the variables, hypothesis test, and statistical test that you would need to prove that the quality improvement initiative succeeded.
There are six different art genres listed horizontally across – African, Renaissance, Impressionism, Cubism, Surrealism, and Pop Art. These same six genres are listed vertically as well. Each box on the grid reflects a common meeting point for the genres listed horizontally and vertically. In these boxes, you are asked to explain either a similarity or a difference between the two genres. Similarities/differences could include artists, time period, style, geographic location, critical response, etc. Using information you included in the grid, write a 1-2 paragraph summary in the area below the grid, for each genre relationship that further analyzes the global, historical, and stylistic perspectives for each genre comparison.
Think about a popular TV show that you watch that focuses on small-group dynamics. This could be a popular TV drama, focused on the workplace,
- Create a group training presentation based on the communication deficiencies displayed in the video. Your training plan may be in the format of your choice.
- You may choose a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes, or an equivalent multimedia program or technology application, such as video, audio, or web conferencing software.
- Include the following in your group training presentation:
- The communication skills the group must implement to become more effective
- The roles each member must adopt to become more effective
- The leadership skills the manager must demonstrate to become more effective
- Appropriate managerial actions to mitigate communication obstacles
- Conflict management strategies to encourage positive outcomes
- Include a reference slide.
Format your training presentation according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Think about a popular TV show that you watch that focuses on small-group dynamics. This could be a popular TV drama, focused on the workplace, for example.
Write, individually, a one-page reaction to the small-group dynamics demonstrated in the show. From a communication perspective, what went wrong? How could the members have handled the situation differently? Post your reaction for your team. Review and comment on the reactions of each team member. Identify common observations.
Analyze, as a team, the small-group dynamics demonstrated in the videos by considering the following:
- The scope and functions of the small group within the organization, such as idea generation, event planning, process or creation, evaluation, and quality control
- The effectiveness of each member’s communication styles. What are the opportunities for improvement?
- The type of leadership within the small group, such as fixed, rotational, or ad hoc
- How the group leader and members communicate during group meetings
- Communication obstacles, such as groupthink tendencies, credibility issues, and insufficient listening