Does your company (or school) have a current disaster recovery plan? What are some of the activities involved in it? Do you feel confident that your company (or school) is prepared to survive a major disaster? Why or why not?
DQ requirement: Note that the requirement is to post your initial response no later than Sunday and you must post one additional post during the week. I recommend your initial posting to be between 200-to-300 words. The replies to fellow students and to the professor should range between 100-to-150 words. All initial posts must contain a properly formatted in-text citation and scholarly reference.
Explain the significance of information systems security policies and the challenges and issues associated with ineffective or nonexistent policies in an organization.
Propose three methods that organizations can use to increase the acceptance of policies within their organization. Explain the potential challenges of implementing these methods.
Provide two postings for full credit.
Use an APA Reference.
An Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is a very important policy within organizations to define acceptable employee behavior when accessing company resources.
Use an existing AUP that you are familiar with, such as from a current or previous workplace, or search on the Internet for an example AUP to complete this case study.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Describe the purpose of an Acceptable Use Policy you have selected and explain how the AUP helps provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability within the organization.
Explain methods that organizations can implement to help ensure compliance with the AUP, mitigate their risk exposure, and minimize liability.
Describe methods for increasing the awareness of the AUP, and other policies, within the organization.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Use APA format for this Assignment.
Include at least 250 words in your posting and at least 250 words in your reply. Indicate at least one source or reference in your original post. Please see syllabus for details on submission requirements
1 ,Search “scholar.google.com” for a company, school, or person that has been the target of a network
or system intrusion? What information was targeted? Was the attack successful? If so, what changes
were made to ensure that this vulnerability was controlled? If not, what mechanisms were in-place to protect against the intrusion.
2, Search “scholar.google.com” for a company or school that has defined the role of end-users in the creation of a contingency plan. Discuss why it is (or is not) important to include end users in the process of creating the contingency plan? What are the possible pitfalls of end user inclusion?
3, Each student is to select one exercise (per module exercise) from the grouping as identified below. Provide documented evidence, in Moodle, of completion of the chosen exercise (i.e. provide answers to each of the stated questions). Detailed and significant scholarly answers will be allotted full point value. Incomplete, inaccurate, or inadequate answers will receive less than full credit depending on the answers provided. All submissions need to directed to the appropriate area within Moodle.
1. Explain why PCI Compliance is so important?
2. What are the implications for companies that are are not PCI compliant? What can potentially happen to if companies are not compliant?
3. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is not a law, but merely a standard. What information systems security controls and countermeasures should be in place to achieve this standard. Please give examples to support your answer.
4. Suppose you were a consultant to a major corporation. What PCI-DSS compliant mitigation remedies would you recommend to your client?
- Review the Learning Resources on developing press releases and effective health information and messaging.
- Based on these guidelines, begin to develop a flyer or press release for one of the three programs you proposed for the Week 2 Discussion. Consider the appropriateness of the different features of the flyer or press release (e.g., reading level, graphics). Think about the elements and strategies associated with social marketing: product, price, place, promotion, partnership, policy, and politics.
To complete this Assignment:
- Create a 1-page flyer or press release for one of the three public health education programs you proposed for the Week 2 Discussion (using Microsoft Word).
- In addition, in 1–2 pages, provide your rationale for the various features you incorporated. Explain how the flyer or press release addresses the needs of the intended audience, including the targeted reading level.
Note: Please be sure that you use only royalty- and copyright-free images and graphics in your flyer or press release. You may not simply copy and paste any image you find on the Internet. In addition, be sure that your work is your own and not a copy of an existing handout or flyer.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.