You are the senior organizational development strategist for ABC, Inc. ABC is known for its strong corporate culture and recently has experienced difficulty attracting diverse talent to fill major operational roles.
Yesterday, you had a conversation with the career center director of a major university who explained that ABC was gaining a reputation of “behaving more and more like a cult.” The university director explained that some soon-to-be graduates were expressing skepticism about whether they would “fit” in ABC.
You are a member of the CEO’s leadership team, and serve as the team’s knowledge expert on corporate culture. You determined that the leadership team needs to have a dialogue about the culture, perceptions of potential recruits, and potential risks. In advance of any team dialogue, you have decided to develop a white paper* that will be disseminated to the leadership team in advance of a discussion.
Western (2013) [required reading] raises questions about the sustainability of fundamentalist cultures. From your own research and this week’s required readings, develop a white paper* to present the position that fundamentalist tendencies may eventually lead to corporate cultures that can put a company’s longevity at risk.
- Develop a white paper* three to five pages in length not counting the required title and references pages.
- Include a minimum of six scholarly sources in addition to any required reading.
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA
- Review the grading rubric below to understand how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.
Apply principles of organizational learning, innovation, and change in healthcare organizations.
As the leader of this healthcare organization, you have been invited to a healthcare symposium to discuss organizational learning, innovation, and change in healthcare organizations. You are requested to give a presentation on your organization’s changes for improvement, learning methods employed in the change process, and what innovations your organization used for the improvements.
You are presented with the following details to complete your presentation.
- Explain the concepts of organizational learning in a healthcare setting. Cover at least three concepts with an example of each.
- Outline steps used to create innovation in a healthcare setting in the face of a recessive marketplace. Provide a minimum of three steps with examples.
- Discuss the overwhelming need for continuous change in a healthcare setting; provide examples.
Explain your perspective of what strategic management was before starting this course, and what your perspective of it is now. Explain in detail the difference in how your outlook of strategic management has been altered and why.
- Imagine that you are a new team leader. Suggest one (1) team-building activity that would allow you to learn about the different members of your team. Speculate on the primary manner in which your team-building activity will lead to enhanced teamwork between the members after they are back on the job.
As an aspect of your evaluation of organizational systems and processes, take a moment and reflect how the design or layout of the facilities affect those systems and processes. Share your thoughts with the class. Highlight a specific feature, whether it is beneficial or an obstacle for providing service.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words
Develop and write an APA formatted paper 2-3 pages, which outlines a leader (current or historical) that you admire.
Key topics from that should be covered in your paper include an in-depth analysis with in-text citations as reference:
- Briefly providing the contextual background of the leader
- Describing key reasons why you admire the leader (providing specific examples of actions & behaviors that the leader used with respect to the five practices of exemplary leadership)
- Evaluating to what extent the leader had credibility, where it stemmed from, and whether there were areas for the leader to improve.
- Would the leader be as effective in another activity? For example, if the leader was a business person, would their leadership style and methods work as well (or better or worse) if they were a politician? Teacher? Head of a non-profit social change organization? Why or why not?
Compare the resources, capabilities and financial performance of Hilton Worldwide and Marriott Hotels Group. 800 words. financial statements is most important part (requires image/data comparison)