- Let’s create a cause marketing campaign for a million dollar idea. What is the marketing reason for implementing this campaign? Are you trying to keep existing customers, steal from your competitors, or make your employees feel good about working for you?
- Select the cause you want to support and provide the rationale for that choice. Identify a specific organization that you would like to partner with.
- How will you structure and promote this campaign to achieve your results? Provide an example to illustrate your point. Provide your rationale.
Discuss what Bank of America is doing in marketing (e.g. 4Ps…), then provide an “analysis” of what you believe is working well in marketing and what changes or improvements the business needs to make and why.
In response to market research data that suggests more Americans are becoming concerned over their diets and eating habits, McDonald’s has decided to come out with a new line of very healthy eating options, including veggie burgers, low fat fries, and even some vegetarian and vegan options. McDonald’s executives are worried that if the new campaign starts too slowly it will erode their core customers and cause problems for the fast food giant. They have decided that having a celebrity spokesperson introduce the campaign and create several print and television ads promoting this new product line might be the difference between success and failure of this option. They are currently considering Michelle Obama (former First Lady) for their marketing campaign.
Answer the following questions:
- In what way will Michelle Obama make a great spokesperson for this marketing campaign? Who do you think is the ‘target market’ for this new product line and why would your choice work for that group?
- What would be the possible drawbacks associated with the spokesperson you selected? Are there any personal issues that concern you? Would any part of your target market not like your choice of a spokesperson? How would you address these concerns to McDonald’s executives?
- Do you think celebrities are effective at endorsing products? Why or why not?
Describe the four realms of a service experience. Explain how the four realms add value to the customer experience at Starbucks and Aroma espresso bar. Compare and contrast the different ways the four realms are used to add value at Starbucks and Aroma espresso bar. Then, justify and select the company who’s service experience needs the most improvement. Identify recommendations for the selected company which will improve their service experience.
Make sure to use evidence
To properly justify or make recommendations, you need to explain and have evidence. While Starbucks and Aroma espresso needs improvement or the identification of recommendations can be based off of personal inspiration; it must be supported by evidence. Most times, evidence can be supported with a citation as a kind of proof of information.
Examples of Evidence
When trying to justify and select the whether Starbucks or Aroma espresso needs to improve their service experience the most, consider things like…
– customer service ratings on TripAdvisor; one being higher than the other
– annual revenue growth; one growing at a faster pace than the other
– application of specific business practices versus non-application
Evaluate Target’s overall marketing mix strategy. Think about your experience when you shop there and evaluate the following questions:
- Choose one of the Ps (price, product, promotion, or place) and discuss how you think Target uses it. Discuss specific examples of how you see it in use by the chain
- Do you think this chain uses the P you assessed effectively to get a competitive advantage over other businesses? Explain
As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected agency’s budgeting and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will conduct interviews with agency representatives and research-related academic sources and Websites. The analysis will be read by the VP of Accounts and Client Support as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the agency’s (or department’s) budget by following these six (6) steps and including the results of the analysis in your paper by: (a) identifying the agency’s budget as executive department or an independent agency; (b) determining which of the appropriation subcommittees has jurisdiction over each agency’s budget request; (c) determining where each agency’s operations fall in the functional classification of the federal budget; (d) determining the budget authority and outlays proposed for the agency; and (e) determining the actual outlays and budget authority for the agency in that year. (Title this section Budget Overview.)
- Analyze two (2) major political influences on and primary accountability areas required of program administrators after reviewing FY2012 regarding mandatory and discretionary budgets. (Title this section Budgeting Assessment.)
- Explain which intergovernmental agency, or agencies, contributes to and / or influences the budgetary decisions for the current and future budget over the next five (5) years. (Title this section Analysis of Budgeting Plans and Actual Expenditures.)
- Analyze the impact of international policy making on the current year’s budgets and possible impact on future budget line items. (Title this section Implications of Foreign Policy.)
- Recommend two (2) robust ways in which the agency could improve the budget for the next fiscal year. (Title this section Budget Request and Recommendations.)
- Provide proof of one to two (1-2) interviews by submitting the completed interview form with a list of questions for and responses from each interviewee. (Put this in the Appendix under Interview Forms.)
- Provide four to five (4-5) relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website.)
Imagine you are working with a partner to plan and host a workshop on leadership. There will be 100 people attending. Review the following optional articles and videos that detail creating a PowerPoint presentation for this assignment:
- “Create your first PowerPoint 2013 presentation” by Microsoft, found at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-your-first-powerpoint-2013-presentation-RZ102925085.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102809627.
- “Top Ten Slide Tips” by Garr Reynolds, found at http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/.
- “Top 10 Best Practices When Using PowerPoint for Presentations” found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtygW25vj_I.
Write a five to seven (5-7) slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Describe what strengths you would like your partner to have for this particular task, and why.
- Explain how the strengths you have chosen for your partner would complement your strengths.
- Identify the top two leadership points you would want to share at the workshop, and discuss why you selected those points.
- Address two additional leadership traits that can assist in managing conflict and improve communication within the organization.