- Why has Innocent Drinks succeeded?
- What specific resources/activities/attributes did the company build or conduct to take advantage of the opportunities in the market? At what cost were these resources/activities built or conducted?
- Should Innocent expand its geographic territory to Europe or the U.S., or should they extend their current product line or some combination of those? Be specific and tell me why.
- How would you value Innocent Drinks at the time of the case (specific numbers)? Should the company consider a purchase offer at this time? If so, what would the minimum terms be?
- Should Richard Reed, Jon Wright, and Adam Balon consider altering their management structure? Why or why not?
Watch the video, Unhappy Customers, and answer the following questions:
· What is the most important element of this case study? Why? Did United Airlines do anything wrong?
· Was the customer’s reaction justified? Provide a rationale for your answer.
· If you were in charge of customer service at United Airlines, how would you have handled the situation? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Let’s create a cause marketing campaign for a million dollar idea. What is the marketing reason for implementing this campaign? Are you trying to keep existing customers, steal from your competitors, or make your employees feel good about working for you?
- Select the cause you want to support and provide the rationale for that choice. Identify a specific organization that you would like to partner with.
- How will you structure and promote this campaign to achieve your results? Provide an example to illustrate your point. Provide your rationale.
Discuss what Bank of America is doing in marketing (e.g. 4Ps…), then provide an “analysis” of what you believe is working well in marketing and what changes or improvements the business needs to make and why.
In response to market research data that suggests more Americans are becoming concerned over their diets and eating habits, McDonald’s has decided to come out with a new line of very healthy eating options, including veggie burgers, low fat fries, and even some vegetarian and vegan options. McDonald’s executives are worried that if the new campaign starts too slowly it will erode their core customers and cause problems for the fast food giant. They have decided that having a celebrity spokesperson introduce the campaign and create several print and television ads promoting this new product line might be the difference between success and failure of this option. They are currently considering Michelle Obama (former First Lady) for their marketing campaign.
Answer the following questions:
- In what way will Michelle Obama make a great spokesperson for this marketing campaign? Who do you think is the ‘target market’ for this new product line and why would your choice work for that group?
- What would be the possible drawbacks associated with the spokesperson you selected? Are there any personal issues that concern you? Would any part of your target market not like your choice of a spokesperson? How would you address these concerns to McDonald’s executives?
- Do you think celebrities are effective at endorsing products? Why or why not?