True or false: the commodification of drugs in the late 1800s to early 1900s meant that drugs were used for medicinal purposes?
Write a 5-page brief to answer the following questions. Be sure to use APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
Read the following chapters from your course textbook:
- Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware Senate
- Taking Action: A Nurse in the Board Room
Answer the below questions:
- Describe what you believe to be the drivers for each of the individuals? What factors led them to become advocates?
- Discuss the challenges that each of them identified in their writings.
- Analyze these drivers and challenges and compare them with your own experience to date as an advocate. In what ways do you believe that you can expand your advocacy skills within the next five years?
List and explain 8 advantages and 8 disadvantages of simulation in health care education with 3 references.
An older client was recently discharged from the hospital for evaluation of seizure activity. His history reveals that he has late-stage Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, hypertension, and type II diabetes mellitus, which is controlled by diet. He lives at home, where his wife and daughter take care of him. His discharge medications include phenytoin (Dilantin), 100 mg BID; hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL), 50 mg QD; levodopa (Sinemet), 25/100 TID; and haloperidol (Haldol), 1 mg before bed. The client has been referred for home care nursing follow-up.
- On the initial home visit by the nurse, what assessments should be made?
- The wife and daughter need teaching about his antiepileptic medication. What teaching should be included?
- During the initial home visit, the client experiences a generalized seizure. What action should the nurse take? 2 pages not including title page and reference page
Research and evaluate what you believe to be the top three most significant trends/ issues in managed care today. Provide explanations for your three choices.
Your paper must be three to five double-spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA Style. Utilize a minimum of three- to- five scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last three years. All sources must be documented in APA style
Discuss at least 4 strategies that can be used to curtail the increasing health care cost
The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750-1,000 word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
- Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
- Compare and contrast the differentiated practice competencies between an associate and baccalaureate education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
- Identify a patient care situation and describe how nursing care, or approaches to decision-making, differ between the BSN-prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
- Discuss the significance of applying evidence-based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN-BSN nurse supports its application.
- Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes.